Uric acid is a waste from the body that is excreted in the urine, derived from the metabolization of some substances called purines; which are integrated into foods in our diet such as anchovies, beer, liver, among others.
This acid is normally found dissolved in the blood, through which it reaches the kidneys and is subsequently eliminated in the urine. But sometimes, problems happen in this process.
The association between a diet rich in purines and a higher concentration of plasma urate and the risk of gout has long been recognized. Uric acid is the end product of purine breakdown, so avoiding these purine-rich foods is commonly recommended for gout patients.
When does uric acid become harmful?
Uric acid begins to cause ailments, when it is eliminated inefficiently in the urine, or when its levels in the blood are higher than the kidneys can control.
This is when it begins to form crystals in the joints or in their surroundings, causing them to become inflamed and cause pain, the famous "gout."
What other ailments cause a high level of uric acid?
High levels of uric acid in the blood is not a pathology in itself, but it is an indication that something is not right, and therefore it is important to have a blood test; where its concentration is evident.
When this is too high, you have to start evaluating the factors that are causing it; among these we have the following:
• Presence of a nephritic syndrome.
• Alcoholism problems.
• Existence of preeclampsia in pregnant women.
• Side Effects of Cancer Medication.
• High levels of purine in the diet.
Indicators of a high percentage of uric acid in the urine
When the laboratory analysis indicates that there is a high concentration of uric acid in the urine, we must study the factors that could be influencing this disorder. Possible causes are as follows:
• Side Effects of Cancer Medication.
• Malignant plasmacytoma.
• Diet with excess purines.
On many occasions, high levels of uric acid in both urine and blood do not have any associated symptoms. However, it is necessary to determine what is causing this condition in the body; since it could be alerting us that something is not right.
How can we reduce uric acid levels in the body?
There is a wide spectrum of medications to effectively reduce uric acid levels, both in the blood and in the urine. Almost all of them are aimed at eliminating or reducing the pain caused by "gout" in the joints, or increasing the efficiency of the kidneys to eliminate them.
Now, we can also achieve this naturally; consuming types of fruits that help the organism a lot for this purpose.
Fruits beneficial for uric acid
The most effective fruits to help control uric acid levels in the blood are those that contain a high percentage of complex and citrus carbohydrates.
Among these fruits, the most indicated are the following:
• Cherries: One of the essential components of the cherry is folic acid, this has the property of inhibiting xanthine oxidase; which is an enzyme associated with high levels of uric acid. It can be ingested directly or through juices without added sugar, but never in jams and other preparations that contain it.
• Lemon: Its citrus properties allow the body to create calcium carbonate, which is essential to control uric acid levels in the blood and urine. It should be taken as an infusion but without adding sugar.
• Apples: They are a very good source of citric acid, as well as being an excellent source of natural fiber. It has the property of producing a feeling of fullness in the stomach, making it ideal for controlling overweight. In particular, this fruit, although it is not harmful, should be consumed in moderation, as it is high in fructose.
• Raspberries: They are an excellent source of vitamin C as well as a powerful antioxidant, which is why it is highly effective in inhibiting the production of uric acid crystals; by decreasing its concentration in blood and urine.
• Strawberries: It is one of the most suitable fruits to combat high levels of uric acid, because it contains among its effective anti-oxidant components, folic acid, vitamin C and other inhibitors of the xanthine oxidase enzyme.
In addition to the fruits mentioned above, it is also possible to obtain benefits with the consumption of this type of diet to treat uric acid. On the other hand, it is also necessary to know that certain fruits, such as: peaches, pears, plums, grapes, and dates should be consumed with caution and in moderation, since there is a correlation between foods high in fructose and symptoms of gout.
Unstable blood sugar levels might also lead you to meet the early grave. Though there is a wide variety of products available for managing the healthy levels of blood sugar there is no assurance that can make a desired results. After trying those practices with the restricted diets, regular workouts and prescribed medicines people get frustrated. To overcome all these restrictions and symptoms of the unhealthy blood sugar levels, the new revolution of the Gluconite supplement was introduced. The review about the Gluconite product might help you to support your health with the healthy blood glucose levels. Gluconite
The heel pain is one of the issues that most discomfort due to an increasingly large group of people, especially when the pain is incapacitating, causing difficulty walking, causing even appearance of frustration and depression in the most serious cases.…
鈥?Our History Our company is located in Xiaoshan, Hangzhou City - the Production Base of speed reducers in China. It only takes ten minutes from our company to Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport by car. Our factory covers an area of 5,000 square…
100% SAFE ABORTION ( 0603810543 ) DR BONGIWE ABORTION CLINIC IN PIETERMARITZBURG, GREYTOWN, WARTBURG, HILTON
Women`s Clinic is an expert in Abortion, Sexual problems, a nd reproductive health .It is therefore among the leading( Women's Abortion Clinic in South Africa with an experience of over 10 years Specializing in Medical Abortions which is a safe and…
Wuxi Tianhe Copper Mould Tube Co.,Ltd. is located in the scenic Taihu Lake- Yang Town, close to Beijing-Shanghai Railway , Shanghai-Nanjing Expressway, Wuxi - Yixing Expressway, Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal, 312 State Road, the traffic is very convenient.…