Have you ever realized that brown or whole rice is difficult to sell when offered next to white? Even though brown rice is healthier, people prefer white because they think it just tastes better. (Just like people opt for white bread over whole wheat.)
White rice and brown rice start out as the same, after all they come from the same grain, but there is one big difference: white rice has been processed more than brown.
When rice is first harvested, it is washed and the hulls are removed from the grains. At this point, what you are left with is brown rice, it still has several thin layers of bran covering the grain. To obtain white rice from that grain, it must be ground and polished, removing the bran.
Brown rice keeps the bran
Brown rice is a whole grain, meaning it contains all parts of the grain, including the fibrous bran, the nutritive germ, and the carbohydrate-rich endosperm. The bran and germ were removed from the white rice, removing much of the fiber, vitamins, and other nutrients.
A cup of cooked brown rice contains 4 g of fiber and 5 g of protein, while a cup of cooked white rice contains only 1 g of fiber and 4 g of protein.
Whole rice helps in diabetes
But fiber isn't the only advantage of brown rice. Studies have found that it could reduce the risk of diabetes. (The same study also found that eating five servings a week of white rice might actually increase your risk.) That is huge.
One of the reasons white rice has exploded in popularity is because it is easier to cook. Not only does it take less time (because the stringy bran has been removed), it results in a smooth and delicious result more often than not.
What makes brown rice so difficult to prepare is the fact that you have to cook it long enough to soften the bran, but not so much that the internal grain becomes mushy.
This is complicated, but it is not impossible. There are many foolproof methods at your disposal. One is to get a rice cooker, but if you are not ready to buy another appliance on your kitchen counter, there are other options and we will see them below.
Benefits of eating brown rice
1. Brown rice has in its inner shell the nutrients that white rice loses when stripped of it.
2. It is rich in B complex vitamins (it has 3 to 4 times more vitamin B than white rice), such as vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B12
(riboflamine), without a doubt, highly recommended for those who suffer from these vitamins or take medicines that "steal" vitamin B, such as Omeprazole.
3. It is a good ally of digestion as it contains fiber, reduces cholesterol levels and helps prevent colon cancer. It is highly recommended for the elderly.
4. It has no cholesterol or sodium, it is low in calories, it does not contain gluten and it is recommended for people who are allergic to grains.
5. It gives greater protection against diabetes, as it preserves its layer where it contains magnesium and insoluble fiber, which offers protection to the body against diabetes.
6. It has 6 times more magnesium than white rice, and triple the fiber.
7. This rice also provides glucose to the blood, which keeps sugar levels at a constant level and magnesium lowers blood sugar.
8. It is a great ally in diets, since it contains little fat , a lot of potassium and little sodium, which helps to eliminate excess fluids, and if it is accompanied with vegetables, we will have a very complete and balanced dish.
9. Perhaps, your "only" disadvantage is that your grains are harder, and need to cook longer, but if you want to save fuel or gas, the best you can do is soak brown rice. Some wash it at least 3 times with water and leave it to soak overnight, the next day it is put in a pressure cooker to cook it faster.
10. Rice provides quite a few calories, such as 350 calories per 100 grams, and that is why we should not eat too much of it. It is best to accompany it with other vegetables, and the advantage of this Rice is that it will give us a feeling of satiety.
Fried brown rice with pineapple and vegetables
• 1 cup uncooked brown rice
• 1 green pepper
• 1 organic egg
• 1 cup green peas / peas and carrots
• cloves of garlic
• tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon good quality soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1/4 cup chives, chopped
• 1/3 cup cashew / cashew / cashew nut halves, diced
1. Cook the cup of rice. The best thing you can do to elevate your homemade fried rice is to use rice cooked the day before. This will help ensure that your plate doesn't get lumpy. Just cook the cup of rice in two cups of water the day before you go to cook it, and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
2. Chop the vegetables and combine with the peas and carrots.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add a little olive oil (you can also use coconut oil since it is an oil that supports high temperatures without gaining toxicity) and fry the vegetables (2-3 minutes). Put them on a plate. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Crack the egg in the hot skillet. Stir, this is going to cook very quickly - a minute or less.
5. Remove to the same plate with the vegetables. Reduce heat to medium / low. Add another little oil. Cook the cold rice in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
6. In a small bowl or cup, mix: soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic.
7. Pour half of this mixture over the rice, stir so everything is coated.
8. Now add again, but now in the vegetables and egg. Pour the rest of the sauce over the mixture. Add the green onions and cashews.
9. Cook until everything is hot (another 3-4 minutes).
Keto Elite Fat Burner is here to assist you with opening your fresh out of the plastic new body! Have you ever heard the maxim that inside each overweight individual is a more slender individual simply attempting to discover an exit plan? All things considered, this equation can help let your internal thin individual out! This item utilizes incredible BHB Ketones to consume fat and improve energy. At the point when you put BHB Ketones into your body, they help trigger ketosis. During ketosis, your body consumes its own fat stores away throughout the day. In this way, rather than consuming carbs away, you’re consuming significant fat!
Do you want to get rid of cellulite? Do you want to have silky, smooth and firm skin? Not only can you eliminate cellulite with dry body brushing, but it will also increase lymphatic drainage doing wonders for your skin and internal health. What is the…
Do you stay up late often? Know the reasons why you should stop that habit that can be very harmful to health. Today many people tend to stay up late, either by choice or because the activities of the day force them to do so, however, what many are…
In recent weeks, acne cases have skyrocketed among adults due to stress and changes in diet caused by the situation caused by the coronavirus Many people have seen acne reoccurring on their face during confinement. It seems very strange that at a time…
We are confined and in turn we have begun to buy and consume more alcoholic beverages. There is something you can do to keep drinking and not get too fat The alcohol consumption has soared with confinement. Spaniards are at home because of the coronavirus…
Improving posture and fixing hunched shoulders is important in today's digital world. With many of us glued to our computers and cell phones, poor posture has become a major problem. That is why today we present you 10 exercises to correct bad posture and…